It is said that the hair is a person’s crowning glory. People wear them with pride. It is their representation of themselves. How many people, especially women sporting different hairstyles depending on their moods? And mind you, they have mood swings as often as they change clothes.
How about the undying trend of having short hair after a bad breakup? That is why haircut has to be good, or else, “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned”.
And just like clothes, the haircut seems to be an indication and a definition of an era as it always evolves from one trend to another in a span of a very short time.
That is why salons and other hair care facilities should always be up to date in order for its patrons to keep coming back. And we believe that is what’s happening with Supercuts.
Proof is its booming business after more than 40 years of existence. In fact, it is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the world’s largest hair salon, Regis. But with such an excellent reputation, how much does Supercuts haircut cost? Can an ordinary person afford its services? Let us find out.
Average Cost of Supercuts Haircut
The average haircut prices at Supercuts range from $14 to $34 or more depending on the customer’s age, the length of the hair, the type of haircut add-on, and location of the salon.
To give you an idea of how much does Supercuts haircut cost per category, please the average price list below:
- Superhaircut I (Haircut and Hot Towel Refresher) – $14 to $16.00
- Superhaircut II (Haircut, Hot Towel, Refresher, and Shampoo) – $18 to $21.00
- Superhaircut III (Haircut, Hot Towel, Refresher, Shampoo, and Simple Blowdry) – $25 to $28.00+
- Superhaircut III (Long – shoulder to chest length) – $31
- Superhaircut III (XLong – below chest length) – $34
Kids (12 years and below)
- JR. Supercut – $12 to $14
- JR. Supercut 2 (Haircut and Shampoo) – $15
Seniors (62 years and older)
- SR. Supercut – $12 to $14
- SR. Supercut 2 – $15
What are Included?
One of the highlights of this business is that, unlike others in their field, you do not need to set an appointment to be served. As busy as you can be, you can just walk straight in any of their salons and avail whatever service you need and you would get exactly what came there for and so much more in terms of satisfaction. This is because you can be sure that only the experts in haircuts and hair care treatments can touch your hair.
As in most services, having a haircut may entail giving tips or gratuities but it is not required. It just represents the appreciation for a job well done from satisfied customers. Average reported tips are at 20% of the cost of a haircut and other hair care service.
Supercuts offer so much more than haircuts. Some of their additional services include:
- Shampoo – $5.00 to $10
- Scalp massage – $15 to $20
- Conditioning treatment – $10 to $12.00
- Tea Tree Experience – $8 to $10
- Awapuhi Wild Ginger – $15
- Blow Dry – $13 to $22 depending on length
- Styling – $9.00 and up
- Bang Trim – $6 to $8.00
- Beard Trim – $6 to $8
- Mustache Trim – $3
- Additional Flat Iron – $10
- Braiding – $10
- Tips – $30.00 & up
- Front Highlights (up to 7 foils) – $35.00 ($5 per additional foil)
- Glazing – $45.00 & up
- Full hair coloring – $45 to $50
- First-time color – Normal – $65 to $95 depending on length
- Eyebrows – $8 to $10.00
- Lips – $6 to $8.00
- Chin – $6 to $8.00
There are a lot more services available so be sure to check out one of their more than 2,400 branches across the United States.
Shopping for Supercuts Haircut
If you want to visit one of their branches for a haircut or a hair treatment, you may check if there are any branches near you through their locator.
If you have already found one, you may opt to set an appointment, but a walk-in would be fine and would be on a first-come-first-served basis.
Factors Affecting Supercuts Haircut
As readily apparent in the pricelist above, the factors affecting the Supercuts prices are the following:
- Age – the age of the customer determines how much you need to pay for a haircut as children 12 years old and below as well as the senior customers are charged lower compared to regular adults.
- Hair length – the prices at Supercuts are also determined by how long it would take for the haircutters to cut or service your hair, so naturally, the price increases the longer the customer’s hair becomes.
- Add on services – basic haircut is cheap. But if you availed of the extra services like the hot towel, refresher, shampoo, or simple blow dry, you will naturally have to spend more.
- Location – although there seems to be a threshold in the Supercuts prices, expect some price difference across all of their branches to make way for the cost of doing business in a particular area as well as cost of living of the potential customers. Also taken into consideration is the existence of competition in the area, hence some discounts are being offered to attract customers.
Of course, it is not uncommon to see haircuts as pricey as $350 to $500. What gives? Well, it usually comes with a shampoo and a blow-dry from a pretty salon attendant, a nice view, a cup of Frappuccino, and a pretty well-known stylist to brag your friends about. In short, it is all about ego.
But if you are always on the go that a little sight-seeing is not on your schedule, you’d want to sip your favorite cup at Starbucks rather than at a salon, you do not have spare $500 to burn, and your ego is just right in place, then a trip to Supercuts for a simple haircut would be all worth it.