How Much Does a Lifetime Fitness Membership Cost?
Wanting to hit the gym? Then maybe you can try starting your workout regime at Lifetime Fitness! You probably heard about the company, right? After all, its centers are scattered throughout the US and Canada.
What made this gym so popular is its vast array of services. Aside from the basics, it offers personal training, has a child care center, and you’ll even have your own locker!
One of the ways for you to enjoy the company’s services is by being a club member. That said, how much does Lifetime Fitness membership cost?
Average Lifetime Fitness Prices
Note that you can’t get sample prices by just looking at the company’s official website. Instead, you should first ask a pricing from them. You can either send an online request or call the club nearest to you for the costs.
The exact membership cost will depend on the following:
- The club you choose
- The membership option you pick
That said, you can expect that most clubs will charge more or less $90 per month. The said option is the best pick if you don’t want to be tied to a contract.
Also, as a final push to get you started, the company offers a 14-day money back guarantee.
Sample Lifetime Fitness Prices
Want to at least have an idea of how much does Lifetime Fitness membership cost? Fortunately, there are some website pages that show sample prices for different options offered by the club. One of them is GymMembershipFees.com. Here is a list from the said site:
- Monthly Plan
- Single (unlimited clubs access): $77
- Dual (unlimited clubs access): $127
- Annual Plan
- Single (unlimited clubs access): $924
- Dual (unlimited clubs access): $1,524
According to the website, the initiation fee for each plan is $189.
Note that the above costs only aim to give you an idea. The Lifetime Fitness prices can always change depending on the club and your preferences.
Lifetime Fitness also offers a day pass for those who don’t want a monthly or annual membership plan. The price will depend on the club. You can ask for their pricing online or call the branch nearest to you.
What To Expect
What are the things you can enjoy once you become a Lifetime Fitness club member?
Programs And Services
Well, the company offers an array of programs, services, and events. These include:
- Personal training
- Studio classes
- Indoor cycle
- Group training
- Tri training
- Social and athletic events
The club will further help you reach your fitness goals by providing:
- Nutritional coaching
- Weight loss
- Health assessments
- Swim Assessments
Lifestyle Fitness also offers programs and services for club members who have kids. These include:
- Child and infant care
- Kids sports and fitness
- Kids activities
- Birthday parties
- Release day camps
After your workout, you can also relax by heading to the club’s spa and massage center.
There is also a café and dining restaurant in every club for those who want to chill a little!
If you’re a member, you’ll have access to the many amenities of Lifetime Fitness. These include:
- Resistance training area
- Free WiFi
- Plasma big screen TVs
- Weight machines
- Free weights and equipment
- Functional training area
- Cardio equipment
- Fitness, dance, and yoga studios
- Indoor whirlpool
- Indoor lap pool
- Indoor leisure pool
- Zero-depth entry pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Outdoor water slides
Possible Additional Costs
The Lifetime Fitness membership cost generally includes the initiation and the monthly/annual fees. But, just like other services, you can expect additional expenses on the way. These may include the following:
- Surplus charges for services like tanning, personal trainers, and some classes (which are not usually included in the club’s monthly fee)
- A termination fee in the event that you’d like to cancel your contract before it ends
- Freeze and suspension fees in the event that you’re not going to visit the gym for a long time (but you still want to retain your membership)
Note that the above additional expenses only aim to give you an idea. To be able to prepare your budget accordingly, ask the company about other charges beforehand.
Money Saving Tips
Some of you may find it hard to decide if they should pay the membership cost. After all, a few hundred dollar addition on your monthly or annual bill will, in a way, derail your budget, right?
Fortunately, there are ways to save money if you really want that club membership. Here are some tips:
- Negotiate with the club
- According to an article by com, members in a single club often pay different prices for their membership. That is also the reason why gyms, like Lifetime Fitness, don’t publish their pricing online. That fact gives you room to negotiate.
- How will you negotiate? Well, once you have the pricing, you can ask the gym if they can lower the monthly costs (especially if you don’t plan to use some amenities). If they don’t agree with that, try asking them to waive the initiation fee.
- If you have a pricing from another gym that is lower than that of the Lifetime Fitness, tell them. And ask them if they can match the price (or else you’ll pick the other club).
- Ask for free extras or perks, as these often are not covered by the monthly payment.
- Sign up together
- Get your spouse or your roommate to sign up for the same membership plan. Doing so will get you a per-person discount, cutting down on the monthly or annual cost.
- Consider a day pass
- If you’re the type of person who can’t make it a habit hitting the gym, it’s more cost-effective to opt for a day pass. Drop-in arrangements can allow you to take classes, use the pool, or try a new workout on a whim.
- However, it’s not advisable to just exercise whenever you feel like it. So, if you opt for a gym visit on a drop-in basis, make sure you’re still exercising at home.
If you still opt for a monthly or annual membership plan, make the most out of it. It will be a waste of money to show up only twice a month if you’re paying about $77 for it. In this age, it’s never a wise thing to spend on something that you won’t use.
Regardless of how you want your Lifetime Fitness experience to play out, know that your decision to stay fit is already commendable. Good luck!