For those who are in the lower spectrum of the Generation Y or the so-called millennials, owning an American Girl doll was more likely to be on top of their mind as they were about to blow the candles on their birthday cakes.
Why specifically that group of millennials you ask? That’s because the American Girl was first released by the Pleasant Company in 1986 and although it is still popular these days, we have the tablets and other gadgets that are competing with it for kids’ attention. Unlike in the 1990’s and early 2000 when the gadgets were limited to Nintendo’s and Game Boys, there are not many choices back then.
But the company has kept on reinventing their product lines from the original concept of focusing on periods of American history and later on expanded to include characters and stories from contemporary life and having the option to buy a doll that looks like the kids buying them, from the eye color and shape; to skin and hair color, as well as the length and texture of the hair. That is why it has kept its appeal even to today’s generation of kids despite a lot of competition.
With its popularity among the kids and kids at heart, how much does an American Girl doll cost?
Average Cost of American Girl Doll
Currently, the typical range is $115 for the 18-inch dolls, the 14.5-inch dolls and the infant dolls cost $60, while the mini dolls cost $24.99 each.
According to their website, the following are the American Girl doll prices for their product lines:
- Gabriella Doll & Book – $115
- Tenney Doll & Book – $115
- Logan Doll – $115
- Z Doll & Book – $115
- Willa Doll – $60
- Camille Doll – $60
- Ashlyn Doll – $60
- Kendall Doll – $60
- Emerson Doll – $60
- Melody Doll & Book – $115
- Maryellen Doll & Book – $115
- Julie Doll & Paperback Book – $115
- Kit Doll and Paperback Book – $115
- Rebecca Doll and Paperback Book – $115
- Samantha Doll and Paperback Book – $115
- Kaya Doll and Paperback Book – $115
- Josefina Doll and Book – $115
- Addy Doll Paperback Book – $115
- Truly Me Doll – $115
- Bitty Doll – $60
- Bitty Doll & Accessories – $130
Mini versions of the dolls Melody, Maryellen, Julie, Kit, Rebecca, Samantha, Kaya, Josefina, Addy, Caroline, Felicity Merriman, Molly McIntire and Kirsten Larson plus the book cost $24.99 each.
What are Included in the American Girl doll prices?
Buying a doll usually comes with a complete set of wardrobe it wears while on display including the shoes. Depending on your purchase, you may get a set that includes accessories or a book, or both.
You can also choose the skin tone, eye color, hair color and texture of your doll.
The American Girl doll selections can either be purchased per doll alone and can sometimes be in a set like a doll and a book or a doll with accessories. Sometimes they can be bought to include the accessories and the book depending on the promo.
But if you want, you may buy the accessories, furniture, clothing, books, and movies separately at an additional cost.
The following are the different prices for the add-ons for your doll collections:
- Bitty Doll
- Bringing Home – $100
- Washer and Dryer Set for Girls – $150
- Baby’s Bottle Warmer Set – $38
- Double Stroller – $78
- Jogging Stroller – $58
- Changing Table and Storage – $120 (on sale $72)
- Rocking Cradle – $75
- Travel Seat – $45
- Lights and Sounds Monitor – $28
- Felicity Doll
- Accessories – $24
- Undergarments for 18-inch Dolls – $28
- Gabriela Doll
- Accessories – $28
- Performance Case – $48
- Showtime Kit – $34
- Creative Studio Set – $58
- Tap Shoes – $16
- Cat – $22
- Julie Doll
- Groovy Bathroom – $175
- Basketball Accessories – $38
- Floral Accessories for 18-inch Dolls – $24
- Kit Doll – Mini Golf Set – $48
- Logan Doll – Rhythmic Drum Set – $68
- Maryellen Doll
- Refrigerator and Food Set – $150
- Diner Set – $275
- Rebecca Doll – Coney Island Games – $40
- Samantha Doll – Bed and Bedding – $150
- Tenney Doll
- Accessories – $34
- Stage And Dressing Room – $225
- Golden Retriever – $24
- Banjo – $28
- Picnic Set – $28
- Hat And Necklace – $18
- Grant’s Moccasin Slippers – $22
- Z Doll
- Accessories – $32
- Filming Accessories – $28
- Scooter – $50
- Dog – $28
- Desk Set – $125
- Adventure Pop-Up Camper – $185
- Adventure Tent for Dolls – $70
- American Girl Tablet – $79.99
- Beach Cooler Set – $28
- Berry Backpack Doll Carrier – $30
- Carrot and Hutch – $42
- Dining Table and Chairs – $85
- Doll Hairbrush – $8
- Dream Slippers for Girls – $22
- Feel Better Kit for Dolls – $30
- Flip-Top Desk – $58
- Flutter Wings Doll Carrier – $45
- Fun and Games Sleepover Set – $34
- Gourmet Kitchen Set – $225
- Gymnastics Set – $85
- Headbands – $12
- Ice Cream Cart – $85
- Love to Layer Accessories for 18-inch Dolls – $28
- Play and Display Stand – $18
- Playful Garden Washtub Set – $48
- Prancing Horse – $98
- Print Purse – $10
- Sandals – $14
- Seaside Fun Shape Bucket & Tools – $20
- Sparkle Doll Tote for Girls – $48
- Trundle Bed and Bedding Set – $100
- WellieWishers Playhouse – $250
- Winter Woods Stage Accessories – $20
For the complete lists of accessories and furniture and their prices, browse through American Girl’s webpage.
In addition, please expect processing and shipping fee to be added to your shopping total as well as the tax due upon check out.
Shopping for American Girl Doll
You can purchase any items directly from American Girl’s website. Just click on the items you want to purchase then check out. You may opt whether to create an account or not. Just follow the instructions all throughout.
American Girl dolls are also available online and at selected malls.
Factors Affecting American Girl Cost
Below are the factors that make the difference in pricing:
- The Size – the American Girl dolls come in different sizes including 18-inch, 14.5-inch, the mini-dolls, and the baby dolls which all have different prices.
- What are included – the American Girl dolls can be bought solo or in a set that includes a book. But at your option or depending on the promotion, you can also buy the dolls that include accessories and furniture sets.
- Where purchased – you have the option to buy these dolls from a mall or through online. Buying online may be more expensive considering all the processing and shipping fee involved.
February of 2017, the brand has launched its first ever boy doll named Logan Everett which is a drummer who plays alongside the doll Tenney Grant. This is to give in to the requests of the company’s fanbase for decades.
Also in April of 2017, Z Yang doll was also launched. She is the popular stop-motion vlogger character.